Volunteer Opportunities and Mobility Assistance
Religious Education Congress
March 13 (Youth Day) &
March 14-16, 2014
Congress could not function without the hundreds of volunteers who give of their time. If you have attended Congress in the past and would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer for our next Religious Education Congress, please consider this your "personal invitation."
We have a need for Workshop Volunteers (English, Spanish and Vietnamese), Eucharistic Ministers for the two Sunday Closing Liturgies in the Arena, and musicians for the Congress Choir.
For questions or concerns regarding access or mobility to Congress workshops, please see our notes about mobility below.For more specific questions or information about Congress, you may contact us at email@example.com, or find information about ...
Youth Day Volunteers
- Must be available all day for Youth Day. Volunteer Positions include: Assistants (ticket takers), Chairperson (coordinator), Moving Crew (crowd flow), and other designated duties.
- All volunteers must arrive by 7:00 am on Youth Day and stay for the entire day.
- All new and returning volunteers are invited to attend the Volunteer Meeting (TBA)
- Prospective Volunteers will be contacted either by phone or email by the Youth Day Volunteer Chairperson.
- Once all Volunteer positions are filled, additional volunteer requests will be considered for Youth Day 2015.
- Contact Erin and Jonathan Avila at YDvolunteer@recongress.org with your name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Volunteer positions include: Assistants (ticket takers/greeters), Chairperson (coordinator) and Master of Ceremonies "MC" (introduces the speaker and makes announcements). Volunteers must be willing to assist at all of the positions – no exceptions.
- All volunteers will receive a Volunteer Card via mail or email with instructions on how to register.
- Volunteers must be available to work FOUR workshop sessions – no exceptions.
- All volunteers must arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the workshop and stay for the entire length of the workshop to which they are assigned.
- All volunteers are encouraged to attend the Volunteer Meeting (TBA)
- Volunteers must indicate for which workshops they are registering: English, Spanish or Vietnamese.
- Congress Volunteers pay only the $5 registration fee to receive a complimentary registration to Congress, provided they register by January 3, 2014.
- Volunteer registrations mailed after January 3, 2014 must include the $15 registration fee or the form/registration will be returned – no exceptions.
- If you are interested in volunteering, submit your name, mailing address, email address and cell phone number to Dolly and Jim Anderson at RECvolunteer@recongress.org.
- Prospective Volunteers will be contacted either by phone or email by the Volunteer Chairperson.
- Once all Volunteer positions are filled, additional volunteer requests will be considered for Congress 2015.
Voluntarios (Spanish Volunteers)
- Las posiciones para voluntarios incluye: Anfitriones (recaudador de boletos), Presidente y Maestro de Ceremonias ("MC," presentador de conferencista).
- Debe de estar disponible para trabajar en CUATRO talleres -- sin excepciones.
- Todos los voluntarios deben de llegar 20-30 minutos antes del inicio del taller y permanecer durante todo el desarrollo del taller asignado.
- Todos los voluntarios registrados de deben asistir a la reunión de los voluntarios (Por Anunciarse)
- Los Voluntarios deben de indicar a que talleres desean asistir: en inglés, o español o vietnamita.
- Los voluntarios pagaran solamente $5.00 por su inscripción para el Congreso, si es que se registran antes del 3 de enero, 2014.
- Todos los voluntarios recibirán una tarjeta de voluntario a través del correo o correo electrónico con instrucciones sobre cómo registrarse.
- Las inscripciones para ser voluntarios recibidas después del 3 de enero 2014 deben de incluir la cuota de registración de $15.00. No hay excepciones
- Si está interesado en ser un voluntario para el congreso, comuníquese con los encargados de voluntarios, Ramona y Santiago Meza a RECvoluntario@recongress.org proporcionando sus datos personales: nombre, dirección, correo electrónico y número de teléfono.
- El Coordinador de los voluntarios se comunicará por teléfono o por correo electrónico con los que desean ser voluntarios.
- Una vez completo el número requerido de voluntarios, las peticiones adicionales serán consideradas para el Congreso 2015.
Congress Choir We extend an invitation to those who are interested in singing at the Closing Liturgies (Sunday at 8:00 am and at 3:30 pm). Volunteer musicians are required to attend three scheduled rehearsals offered in different regions of the Los Angeles Archdiocese prior to Congress.
- If you would like to be a part of the Congress Choir, contact RECmusic@recongress.org with your name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
There are usually 3 or 4 primary rehearsal dates and locations for Congress Choir:
- Additional rehearsals are usually planned for the Inland Empire, San Diego, Northern California areas as well as Reno, Nev., and Phoenix, Ariz.
Eucharistic Ministers (Arena only) The Arena Liturgies at Congress require a great many Eucharistic Ministers of the Bread and the Cup. (For Masses held in other venues, Eucharistic Ministers are arranged by the Liturgy Coordinators and not coordinated here. Note: Eucharistic Ministers DO NOT gain free admittance to Congress.)
Are you a trained Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion? Sign up to be a floor Minister of the Cup for any one, two, three or all the Arena liturgies at Religious Education Congress. Floor Ministers of Holy Communion are Ministers of the Cup on the "floor" of the Arena. A separate training during Religious Education Congress will be given that Friday at 12 noon to any Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion in the upper levels of the arena - the Terrace and the Loge. You must attend one of five mandatory trainings to serve as a FLOOR Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion. At these trainings, you will receive your assignment and further information. The trainings will be held on:
- Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 7 pm at Mount St. Mary's College
(10 Chester Place, Los Angeles, CA 90007)
- Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 2 pm at St. John the Baptist
(3848 Stewart Ave. Baldwin Park, CA 91706)
- Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 7 pm at St. James Parish
(415 Vincent St. Redondo Beach, CA 90277)
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 7 pm at St. Linus Parish
(13915 Shoemaker Ave. Norwalk, CA 90650)
- Sunday, February 16, 2014 at 2 pm at Padre Serra Parish
(5205 Upland Road, Camarillo, CA 93012)
Please go to www.wejoinin.com/sheets/xvyea to sign up for your preferred training date.
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Fike at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maryann Nguyen at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your ability to attend or enjoy RECongress due to handicap access or mobility concerns, please feel free to contact Rob Williams at RECmobility@recongress.org. RECongress' Mobility Team will be available to help with wheelchair transport, special seating and any access issues within Congress. At Congress you can find the Mobility Team located just outside Congress Headquarters (AR-1), in the Arena Lobby area.
NOTE: The Convention Center does not provide wheelchairs. You may contact Alpha Drugs Pharmacy at either of their two locations in Anaheim: 1240 S. Magnolia, (714) 220-0373; or 515 S. Beach Blvd., (714) 821-8959.
CONGRESS HOME PAGE |
CONGRESS: Reviews •
Theme Reflections •
Sign Up •
Register • Online Chats •
Exhibitor Info •
Order Recordings •
Download Recordings • Order
Congress Milestones •
History in Photos •
Email Us •
REC 2014 •
YOUTH DAY •
RECongress LIVE •
TECH CENTER •
THEME SONGS • THEME
REFLECTIONS • EMAILINGS •