Volunteer Opportunities and Mobility Assistance
Religious Education Congress
March 15, 2018 (Youth Day) &
March 16-18, 2018
Congress could not function without the hundreds of volunteers who give of their time. If you have attended Congress in the past and would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer for our next Religious Education Congress, please consider this your "personal invitation."
We have a need for Workshop Volunteers (English, Spanish and Vietnamese), Eucharistic Ministers for the two Sunday Closing Liturgies in the Arena, and musicians for the Congress Choir.
For questions or concerns regarding access or mobility to Congress workshops, please see our notes about mobility below.For more specific questions or information about Congress, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find information about ...
Youth Day Volunteers Youth Day Volunteer positions include:
• Area Captains – who are responsible for a specific space such as the Convention Center Ballrooms, Hall B, or the Arena.
• Chairperson – is responsible for a specific workshop room or location
• Assistants – assist the Chairperson and Youth Emcee in a specific room or space
• People Moving & Security – assist with the traffic flow and crowd control on Youth Day
• Hospitality and Information – these are responsible for welcoming and directing participants
• Prayer Team – those committed to praying for the young people throughout the day
Any adult over the age of 21 who is not chaperoning a parish or school group is invited to volunteer during the event. All volunteers must be compliant with their diocese’s Safe Environment policies and procedures (fingerprinting/background checks, etc.) including compliance with required Safe Environment Awareness Sessions. Please contact your diocesan Youth Ministry Office to find out details about your required programs.
Volunteers interested in serving at Youth Day 2018 should complete the Google form found here.
Requirements for Youth Day Volunteers:
- Must be available all day for Youth Day.
- All volunteers must arrive by 7:00 am on Youth Day and stay for the entire day.
- All new and returning volunteers are asked to attend the Volunteer Meeting on February 13, 2018 at 6 pm at Bishop Conaty-Our Lady of Loretto High School, 2900 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles 90006.
- Prospective Volunteers will be contacted either by phone or email by the Youth Day Volunteer Chairperson.
- Once all Volunteer positions are filled, additional volunteer requests will be considered for Youth Day 2019.
- Questions and forms can be sent to our Volunteer Coordinators Anitra & Robert Gil at email@example.com.
- Volunteer positions include: Assistants (ticket takers/greeters), Chairperson (coordinator) and Master of Ceremonies "MC" (introduces the speaker and makes announcements). Volunteers must be willing to assist at all of the positions – no exceptions.
- All volunteers will receive instructions on how to register via email.
- Volunteers must be available to work FOUR workshop sessions – no exceptions.
- All volunteers must arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the workshop and stay for the entire length of the workshop to which they are assigned.
- All registered Volunteers should plan to attend the Volunteer Meeting on February 13, 2018 at 7 pm at Bishop Conaty-Our Lady of Loretto High School, 2900 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles 90006.
- Not sure if you are a "registered" Volunteer? Contact Ana Gomez at RECvolunteer@la-archdiocese.org.
- Volunteers must indicate for which workshops they are registering: English, Spanish or Vietnamese.
- Congress Volunteers pay only a $5 registration fee to receive a discounted registration to Congress, provided they register by January 5, 2018.
- If you are interested in volunteering, submit your name, mailing address, email address and cell phone number to Ana Gomez at RECvolunteer@la-archdiocese.org.
- Prospective Volunteers will be contacted either by phone or email by the Volunteer Chairperson.
- Once all Volunteer positions are filled, additional volunteer requests will be considered for Congress 2019.
Voluntarios (Spanish Volunteers)
- Las posiciones para voluntarios incluye: Anfitriones (recaudador de boletos), Presidente y Maestro de Ceremonias ("MC," presentador de conferencista).
- Todos los voluntarios recibirán un correo electrónico con instrucciones para inscribirse.
- Debe de estar disponible para trabajar en CUATRO talleres -- sin excepciones.
- Todos los voluntarios deben de llegar 20-30 minutos antes del inicio del taller y permanecer durante todo el desarrollo del taller asignado.
- Todos los voluntarios registrados deben planear asistir a la Junta de Voluntarios en 13 de febrero, 2018 a las 7 pm en Bishop Conaty-Our Lady of Loretto High School, 2900 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles 90006.
- ¿No estoy seguro si usted es un voluntario registrado? Póngase en contacto con Ramona Meza a RECvoluntario@la-archdiocese.org
- Los voluntarios deben de indicar a que talleres desean asistir: en inglés, o español o vietnamita.
- Los voluntarios pagaran solamente $5.00 por su inscripción para el Congreso, si es que se registran antes 5 de enero, 2018.
- Si está interesado en ser un voluntario para el congreso, comuníquese con los encargados de voluntarios, Ramona y Santiago Meza a RECvoluntario@la-archdiocese.org proporcionando sus datos personales: nombre, dirección, correo electrónico y número de teléfono.
- El Coordinador de los voluntarios se comunicará por teléfono o por correo electrónico con los que desean ser voluntarios.
- Una vez completo el número requerido de voluntarios, las peticiones adicionales serán consideradas para el Congreso 2019.
We extend an invitation to those who are interested in singing at the Closing Liturgies (Sunday at 8:00 am and at 3:30 pm). Volunteer musicians are required to attend two scheduled rehearsals offered in different regions of the Los Angeles Archdiocese prior to Congress.
- If you would like to be a part of the Congress Choir, contact RECmusic@la-archdiocese.org with your name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
There is a regional "first rehearsal" in various regions followed by a combined rehearsal.
- Check the invite link above (when available) for further information.
Eucharistic Ministers (Arena only) Are you a trained Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion? If so, sign up to be a floor Minister of the Cup for any one, two, three or all the Arena liturgies at the Religious Education Congress.
Floor Ministers of Holy Communion are Ministers of the Cup on the "floor" of the Arena. A separate training during the Religious Education Congress will be given at Congress to any Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion in the upper levels -- the Terrace and the Loge levels -- of the Arena.
You must attend a mandatory training session to serve as a FLOOR Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion. At this training, you will receive your assignment and further information. The meeting will be held on Congress Friday, March 16 at 11:45 am at the fraction table on the east side of the Arena.
Eucharistic Ministers (Young Adult Mass) Young Adult Ministry is in need of Young Adults who would like to serve as Extraordinary Ministers of Communion and Ushers for the Young Adult Mass at the 2018 Religious Educations Congress. The Mass is on Saturday, March 17 at 5:15 pm in the Marriott Marquis Ballroom. There is also a brief rehearsal during lunchtime that Saturday. Sign up to receive more information by email. Mobility Team
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your ability to attend or enjoy RECongress due to handicap access or mobility concerns, please feel free to contact Rob Williams at RECmobility@la-archdiocese.org. RECongress' Mobility Team will be available to help with wheelchair transport, special seating and any access issues within Congress. At Congress you can find the Mobility Team located just outside Congress Headquarters (AR-1), in the Arena Lobby area.
NOTE: The Convention Center does not provide wheelchairs. You may contact Alpha Drugs Pharmacy at either of their two locations in Anaheim: 1240 S. Magnolia, (714) 220-0373; or 515 S. Beach Blvd., (714) 821-8959.
CONGRESS HOME PAGE |
CONGRESS: Register •
Theme Reflections •
Theme Songs •
Sign Up •
Congress Chats •
For Exhibitors •
Order Recordings •
Download Recordings •
Congress Milestones •
History in Photos •
Email Us •
Contact Us •
REC 2018 • REGISTER •
REC LIVE • YOUTH DAY •
SPEAKERS • TOPICS
• WORKSHOPS • VIEW BOOKS •
TRAVEL • EMAILINGS •
UPDATES • HOTELS